As you may have felt, Morning Marjolaine’s main mission is to impact women with the Joy of Simplicity.
But what exactly is the Joy of Simplicity?
When I talk about the Joy of Simplicity, it means believing that joy has a way of sparking and shining throughout all the simplest moments in our days. It means
Culturally, we have built this idea that happiness is somehow this impossible thing to reach, yet everyone wants it. Having this goal can leads to loads of dissatisfaction because it seems almost too good to be true, just for others or is just an illusion.
What I have found wonderful about joy is that is can be awakened every single minute. It doesn’t have to be long or short. Nor do you have to reach it and then hold tight to keep it.
Joy is like the mindful, deeper rooted sister of happiness: an emotion we can actually understand. One we associate with a tingling feeling inside the heart and body.
When did I decide to start choosing joy?
I remember multiple moments in my youth where my friends were a bit confused about the level of joy I found in the mundane moments. During a pretty normal dinner, while taking a walk or when seeing a new front-feature at the mall, I would infuse my joy. It has always come naturally to me to embody that naive love of all things simple and pretty in their own unique way.
The joy of simplicity is falling in love with the world during the most simple of moments.
So for me, when I was trying to build my brand and transform Yoga With Bow into something that would be closer to my essence and my love for life, I had to include joy. This really connected the dots.
And, since life always tends to align and unfold in perfect beauty, I stumbled upon this TED talk during that time:
So how can you be more joyful?
First, start by enjoying a very simple awareness exercise: write down 2 things that purely brought you joy that day each evening before bed. It’s a simple journal prompt that can raise your awareness around what does make you experience joy in daily life. This little prompt can really change your life.
Below are my very
favorite joyful moments that impact me daily!
- Waking up and taking a walk to the bakery and saying ”Good Morning” to the same lovely woman that will say: ”Was
darfes sein heute?” (What will it be today?)
- Taking a full 5 minutes to slow brew my morning coffee and feel joy when I take that first sniff of the coffee when it’s steaming hot!
- Putting on fresh and Marie-Kondo-Like folded socks that are the same
colorand easy to find.
- Hugging my boyfriend until I melt…ahh!
- Realizing that two avocados are left in the fruit basket!
- Sitting at my desk in the morning and realizing, again, that I work from home every morning and that I am my own boss
- The smell of fresh flowers. So good!!
- When I am in Savasana after yoga!
- Watching the clouds dance in the sky!
- The taste of a fresh perfectly ripe orange. Delicious!
Those were my favorite joyful moments of joy…but what are yours? This week, build your own list of ten. Pay attention to:
- Present moments
Joy is hiding in the small in-betweens that makes up your day to day. Start paying more mindful attention and begin to observe how joy manifests for you. It’s there! You just have to start looking and start creating!
So, what does your Joy of Simplicity look like? Reach out and let me know!